Materials-Organic Sweet Potato
-Jar or Glass
Instructions1. Fill the glass with water
2. Place the toothpicks around the center of the tuber. The toothpicks are there to elevate the sweet potato, so the roots do not grow against the bottom of the glass.
3. Set the glass in an eastern facing window to receive beneficial morning sun. Yet, protecting it from the hot relentless afternoon sun.
4. Be patient, watch, and wait as the sprouts emerge and the shoots come forth.
Sweet Potato in Water waiting to root and produce shoots:
Sweet Potato with roots, shoots, and slips:
Once the Potato has Produced Slips1. Carefully twist the slip(s) off of the sweet potato.
2. Place the slip in water.
3. Wait for the individual slips to grow roots.
4. Once the roots seem stable place in a small pot with soil.
5. Let the slip get use to the soil for a few days, then transfer into garden.
Sweet potato slips placed in water to grow roots:
Slips with small roots:
The stages involved in producing sweet potato slips: